|Three men died and went to
(1) heaven. They had a nice time there, (2)
bobbing around on the clouds, but they eventually
(3) got bored of each other and went off (4) on
their own for (5) a bit. When they joined
up again, the first man brought with him an old, ugly and smelly
woman, with a horrible, (6) cackly laugh. The
others asked, "What happened?" He replied, "I (7) stepped
on a pink cloud." They (8) went their separate ways
again. The next time they met up, the second man (9) was
accompanied by a (10) foul, (11)
fearsome woman, who (12) stank so badly
they all (13) gagged. The others asked, "What
happened?" The second man replied, "I stepped on a pink cloud."
They went their ways again, and the next time they met up, the
third man brought with him a beautiful young woman, so
(14) radiant they all stared. She was like a goddess!
The others asked, "What happened?" This time, the woman replied,
"I stepped on a pink cloud."
||(1) where good people go when they
(2) moving up and down, as in water
(3) they became not interested (they "lost" interest)
(4) alone, each man by himself
(5) for a short time
(6) a loud, broken laugh in a high voice
(7) walked on
(8) went by themselves
(9) was with her
(10) dirty and smelly
(11) big, angry and dangerous!
(12) smelled VERY bad
(13) they choked (they could not breathe)
(14) very bright, like a star